Details about your exam
Have everything ready for the appointment! When you have everything you need to meet all the standards and requirements, you should be done with the DOT Physical Examination and have your new Medical Certificate in hand in about 45 minutes. You will need the following.
Medications: list all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
Contact information: please have the names and phone numbers of your doctors.
Forms: to save your time at the office we recommend you to print out and fill ahead of your visit the Medical Examination Report ("Driver Information" and "Health History" sections only!). If you did not have a chance to fill out the form, or have questions, we will gladly supply the required forms and you can complete your sections at the office with our help.
Arrive wearing comfortable clothes. Check in at the front desk. The practitioner will perform the examination, including:
- Review of your health history.
- A simple physical exam including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, breathing, eyes, ears, etc.
- Urine test (Not a drug test).
- We will complete your Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form and a Medical Examiner's Certificate as appropriate. You will be able to take the completed documents with you.
- If you need, we can fax the DOT physical form and certificate to your company.